Village of Sceautres
At the foot of the Coiron can be seen a basalt "neck" (mass of volcanic rock), which is surely one of the largest in Europe. In the village remains of its medieval age can be seen on its fortified gate.
You can admire several medieval structures. The most remarkable is found on the rock formation where the remains of a castle once existed.
In the southwest part of the village one finds the Oppidum of Chauline, which makes up 3 acres. Traces of this population date between 750 and 650 BC.
Folklore recount that the young men and women who wanted to be married would go and drink from the source of Sceautres.
The peacefulness and beauty of its landscape is also a part of this village’s charm.
We also propose:
- Eglise de Sceautres
- Neck Basaltique
- Village de Saint-Pons
- Village de Saint-Germain
- Village de Berzème
- Village de Saint-Andéol-de-Berg
- Village de Darbres
- Village de Lussas
- Village de Saint-Maurice-d'Ibie
- Village de Mirabel
- Village de Saint-Jean-le-Centenier
- Village de Saint-Gineys-en-Coiron
- Ville de Villeneuve-de-Berg
- Statue de la Vierge
- Aire de pique-nique à Sceautres
- Topo-guide "Monts de Berg et Massif du Coiron"
- Adress07400 Sceautres
- Contact04 75 52 44 80
04 75 94 89 28
- E-mailContact us by e-mail
- Web siteAccess to the siteAccess to the site
- GPS coordinatesLatitude : 44.617386
Longitude : 4.607177