Saint-Laurent-sous-Coiron : Village de caractère
Remains of a squared structure believed to date the end of the 12th century and for sure the 13th have been excavated. The buildings’ construction reached at least two floors on a basalt foundation.
The old village entrance was found through an opening in one of the ramparts. The stone columns and door hanger facing south was most likely used as for pedestrian access.
Its other architectural delights and beauty can be found in the village’s natural landscape which is why the area offers many outdoor activities including: rock climbing (it is the site of the department’s rock climbing center and school); speleology, due its famous underground network, one of the deepest in the region; its many hiking trails and equestrian centers.
We also propose:
- Eglise de Saint-Laurent-sous-Coiron
- Village de Saint-Pons
- Village de Saint-Germain
- Village de Berzème
- Village de Saint-Andéol-de-Berg
- Village de Darbres
- Village de Lussas
- Village de Saint-Maurice-d'Ibie
- Village de Sceautres
- Village de Mirabel
- Village de Saint-Jean-le-Centenier
- Village de Saint-Gineys-en-Coiron
- Village de Villeneuve-de-Berg
- Circuit Randoland pour les enfants à St Laurent sous Coiron
- Parcours ludique et connecté à St Laurent sous Coiron
- Parcours audio « Lisa, reporter-documentariste à Saint-Laurent »
Meeting organized by the town hall with on the program:
* presentations of the diagnosis of the site and possible scenarios,
* exchanges in small groups and test of scenarios on a model
Open to all: residents, neighbours, visitors, the curious,…
This “fun and connected route” makes you discover the village using your smartphone and navigating from one GPS point to another.
Free download on the website of the Tourist Office “Berg et Coiron”
or available at the office.
N.B: Only in French, no translation available at the present time.