Village de Berzème
The farming and breeding of cattle, sheep and goats are done respecting the old traditions of raising animals and tending to the land. In between Taverne and Berzeme there is a sunken landform that was the mouth of an old volcano. The water flowing from the Claduegne River, an important artery in the Coiron, nourishes its field.
At the heart of the village there is a historically classified castle, the only one located on the plateau. It was built at the end of the 15th century therefore, suffering from years of decay. Today thanks to the commune it has been restored and a part of the building is used for lodging.
Surrounding the castle is an arboretorium of 20 acres that offers a beautiful walk through European larches, cedar, pine, maple, and other tree varieties.
We also propose:
- Eglise Saint Pierre de Berzème
- Village de Saint-Pons
- Village de Saint-Germain
- Village de Saint-Andéol-de-Berg
- Village de Darbres
- Village de Lussas
- Village de Saint-Maurice-d'Ibie
- Village de Sceautres
- Saint-Laurent-sous-Coiron : Village de caractère
- Village de Mirabel
- Village de Saint-Jean-le-Centenier
- Village de Saint-Gineys-en-Coiron
- Village de Villeneuve-de-Berg
- Château de Berzème