Village of Mirabel
In the village of Mirabel, the Coiron plateau lies perched at an altitude of 500m and forms a balcony that dominates the Valley of Auzon, offering a magnificent panoramic view of southern Vivarais.
A massive rock formation served as the foundation for two castles. There remains only the tower of the protestant castle, which was destroyed in the 17th century by order of Richelieu during the War of Religion.
Two fortified walls, one of which can be viewed today, surrounded this historically rich village.
The Domain of le Pradel owned by Olivier de Serres, who wrote the “Theatre of agriculture” and who developed, on behalf of King Henry the 4th, the planting of mulberry trees and the proliferation of sericulture.
We also propose:
- Coulées basaltiques
- Tour et ruines du château de La Roche
- Musée Olivier de Serres
- Village de Saint-Pons
- Village de Saint-Germain
- Village de Berzème
- Village de Saint-Andéol-de-Berg
- Village de Darbres
- Village de Lussas
- Village de Saint-Maurice-d'Ibie
- Village de Sceautres
- Village de Saint-Jean-le-Centenier
- Village de Saint-Gineys-en-Coiron
- Ville de Villeneuve-de-Berg
- Eglise de Mirabel
- Aire de pique-nique de Mirabel
- Ferme Olivier de Serres
- Topo-guide "Monts de Berg et Massif du Coiron"
- Caveau "Les Vignerons de Montfleury"
- Adress07170 Mirabel
- Contact04 75 36 72 02
04 75 94 89 28
- E-mailContact us by e-mail
- Web siteAccess to the site
- GPS coordinatesLatitude : 44.607488
Longitude : 4.497442