Village of Saint-Andéol-de-Berg
At the end of the 12th century the Cistercian monks of Mazan constructed a farm in St. Andeol. Conflicts between monks and local residents about the limits of land and water were frequent.
According to folklore, a monk was killed at the Silver Fountain in the heart of the village. This incident gave The Abbey of Mazan reason to ask King Philippe III to impose his authority over the region. As a result, a few kilometers away at La Bastide Royale in Villeneuve de Berg, you will see the date marked when the King took over jurisdiction of the territory of Berg and its surroundings.
As you meander through the cobblestones of this well restored village you can admire the town’s old oven, a cross located at the church’s square, and other various crosses found throughout the village.
We also propose:
- Village de Saint-Pons
- Village de Saint-Germain
- Village de Berzème
- Village de Darbres
- Village de Lussas
- Village de Saint-Maurice-d'Ibie
- Village de Sceautres
- Saint-Laurent-sous-Coiron : Village de caractère
- Village de Mirabel
- Village de Saint-Jean-le-Centenier
- Village de Saint-Gineys-en-Coiron
- Village de Villeneuve-de-Berg
- Eglise de Saint-Andéol-de-Berg
- Circuit Randoland pour les enfants à St Andéol de Berg
- Aire de pique-nique du village de Saint Andéol de Berg
- Aire de pique-nique au lieu-dit Ladou
Bed & breakfast
This “fun and connected route” makes you discover the village using your smartphone and navigating from one GPS point to another.
Free download on the website of the Tourist Office “Berg et Coiron”
or available at the office.
N.B: Only in French, no translation available at the present time.