Village of Lussas
The Gallo-Roman Oppidum of Jastres was situated on an important and stratigic artery between the Rhone Valley and the landmass known as Massif Central. Archeological excavations have found evidence of this important population (ramparts, tours, and dwellings). Besides this area’s historical significance, its situation on the top of the cliffs will give you an incredible view over the Ardeche valley (it is over 120 meters high).
You can also have fun counting the latin crosses that can be found throughout the commune. There are over 20 crosses and calvaries that describe and reflect the recent history of the village.
The culture of wine and fruit is again a very important part of life in the village.
Lussas is also an important cultural center. It welcomes every year during the month of August, the European Film Documentary Festival, which brings together 5,000 professional and amateur filmmakers.
We also propose:
- Site d'escalade de Chabanne
- Parcours ludique et connecté à Lussas
- Circuit Randoland pour les enfants à Lussas
- Topo-guide "Monts de Berg et Massif du Coiron"
- Oppidum de Jastres
- Dolmen de Mias
- Eglise de Lussas
- Village de Saint-Pons
- Village de Saint-Germain
- Village de Berzème
- Village de Saint-Andéol-de-Berg
- Village de Darbres
- Village de Saint-Maurice-d'Ibie
- Village de Sceautres
- Village de Mirabel
- Village de Saint-Jean-le-Centenier
- Village de Saint-Gineys-en-Coiron
- Ville de Villeneuve-de-Berg