Village de Darbres
The only lasting testament to a very important part of Darbres’ industrial past is the mill that has existed since 1812.
The 2-story building made of basaltic rock played an important role in the life of the village. There were 70 workers (mostly women) employed there. It’s closing marked the end of an era and the beginning of the desertion of rural villages and areas after the 1st world war which occurred throughout Ardeche.
Today the mill is utilized by the FOL (a secular worker association that runs a children vacation center).
The building is a testament to the industrial age with its well-irrigated gardens by the canals that feed the mill.
The village has a number of natural classified sites due to its columnar basalt and chestnut grove, giving folks many reasons to come and visit.
We also propose:
- Village de Saint-Pons
- Village de Saint-Germain
- Village de Berzème
- Village de Saint-Andéol-de-Berg
- Village de Lussas
- Village de Saint-Maurice-d'Ibie
- Village de Sceautres
- Village de Mirabel
- Village de Saint-Jean-le-Centenier
- Village de Saint-Gineys-en-Coiron
- Ville de Villeneuve-de-Berg
- Eglise de Darbres
- Circuit Randoland pour les enfants à Darbres
- Aire de pique-nique à Darbres
- Parcours ludique et connecté à Darbres
- Topo-guide "Monts de Berg et Massif du Coiron"
- Adress07170 Darbres
- Contact04 75 94 23 76
04 75 94 89 28
- E-mailContact us by e-mail
- Web siteAccess to the siteAccess to the site
- GPS coordinatesLatitude : 44.647389
Longitude : 4.5047